This week we’ve released a new version of MyTinyPlanets.com, created based on feedback we’ve received from dedicated players, like you. While keeping many of the elements that make My Tiny PlanetsTM enjoyable today, we’ve altered and added several features to really amp up the fun. Here’s a sneak peek at a few:
- Space Flight. There are new games in space, like Trash Blasters and targeting quasars, comets, and red dwarf stars to keep you earning stars wherever you travel. And, you no longer need a browser plug-in, so performance is dramatically improved.
- Cadet Awards. In addition to earning stars, you earn awards, which increase your rank in the game. Earn your Flight Wings, Social Hub, Moon Bouncer and Arcade Wizard badges, among others.
- Spaceships. Spaceships are redesigned, and early testers are giving them a rousing thumbs up!
- Hangar and Cockpit. Buy more ships from your hangar, select the one you want, and hop in. From your cockpit plot your flight plan – to Nebula Neighborhoods to visit your friends, to your own planet, to space games, or back to Planet Central. Don’t forget to engage your laser (use space bar to fire) when on a space exploration!
- Missions. We’ve introduced mini missions, giving you a new way to earn stars and progress through the game.
- Minigames. All the minigames have been revamped and include special features like power-ups. Challenge your friends on the leaderboards by “Going Pro”!
- Chat. We’ve pioneered a new chat system, “Click-to-Chat”. When you see a player with a speech bubble over his head, simply click on the speech bubble and choose from several responses presented. No more tedious typing, and rock-solid, safe interactions for your family.
- Planet-o-Matic. Decorating your planet has never been easier with the planet-o-matic. Simply click to drop in new backgrounds, skies and buildings!
- Virtual Currency. We’ve introduced a virtual currency called “Keys.” When you subscribe or make a one-time purchase, you get Keys. Keys unlock premium content, like cool landscapes for your planet, cadet accessories and new spaceships.We’ve partnered with Social Gold to provide our payments engine. Now you can buy currency in-game, and you can purchase via mobile, game cards, credit card or PayPal in several currencies.
We’ll have more details tomorrow …